And that's exactly it... mum and I.
Mum and dad seperated when I was young though my dad continued to live in the home to ensure that both my brother and I are well looked after.
However since young mum and I had been best friends, we did virtually everything together. Shopping, high tea, art and crafts and other girly stuff. When I started dating, mum found her own pleasures.. bowling and hanging around with other ladies from the church and enjoyed herself thoroughly. I felt a sense of relieve that I was not totally abandoning her , she had her own cliques.
I spent time with mum to compensate the fact that my dad deserted her.
My life has gone one full circle, married, had a son, divorced and now back to spending time with my mum.
But this time she has little recollection of her past, her friends, the fun stuff she enjoyed doing and now at times, she could not recognise me. Surprised, shocked and saddened that her daughter had grown so old (haha) and realised she did not remember how that time had flown.
To be kind... I wish she could not remember a thing. I wish she need not struggle to remember. I wish I did not have to refresh her memory and watch her smile and say "yes, yes I remember" when I know for a fact, her mind is totally blank.
I am the sole caregiver and lacking in support and having someone I can turn to to relieve my sore heart. I have decided to start a blog to share my inner feelings and in turn hope there will be blogger friends to be made.
I spent time with mum to compensate the fact that my dad deserted her.
My life has gone one full circle, married, had a son, divorced and now back to spending time with my mum.
But this time she has little recollection of her past, her friends, the fun stuff she enjoyed doing and now at times, she could not recognise me. Surprised, shocked and saddened that her daughter had grown so old (haha) and realised she did not remember how that time had flown.
To be kind... I wish she could not remember a thing. I wish she need not struggle to remember. I wish I did not have to refresh her memory and watch her smile and say "yes, yes I remember" when I know for a fact, her mind is totally blank.
I am the sole caregiver and lacking in support and having someone I can turn to to relieve my sore heart. I have decided to start a blog to share my inner feelings and in turn hope there will be blogger friends to be made.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.